Artzy Librarian

Friday, September 25, 2009

Week 4 -Thing 9

It is possible to be too "hooked up". I want to know "it" all and be able to reach "it" all but there has to be a way to remove some of the "noise". I have been exploring my new Google Reader and have discovered that I can respond to my classmate's blogs from there. That is a benefit. I've discovered that I can add feeds. I also discovered how to delete them. I tried several of the suggestions on Classroomlearning2.blogspot.com. My favorite is Technorati. I went to the main site, then to blog Directory to Technologoy to Web2.0 and finally to Mashable! which I subscribed to. I think I'm going to enjoy this one. I'm getting the hang of reading the "blurb" then counting it as read. This keeps my screen a bit neater. I'm all about less clutter, it's too confusing. How do all of you feel about being "hooked up" to the max?

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes it gets to be too much. Then I have to take my kids to the park and go for a hike or something. Take a break from the online world... it's all there when you come back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Andi. My daughter laughs when I don't always have my phone with me. But,there are times when I don't want to be connected! I'm hoping these RSS feeds with Google Reader will be a time saver. My concern though, is that I will just be encouraged to find out more, to read everything! This is great except for there has to be time limits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. neat that you can connect with peers this way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is nice. Now I know how my children were able to be on the computer, TV, and phone at the same time. It is wonderful to keep up with classmates, friends and family!

    ReplyDelete